|British Wool Spinners and manufacturers
Woollen Yarn Spinners and manufacturers
At New Lanark World Heritage Site we produce a wide range of yarn, serving the needs of the weaving and knitwear industries as well as the home knitter. Wool comprises 99% of production.
We have impeccable green and organic credentials, with the water from the River Clyde being used to generate hydro-electricity to power the site. At the start of 2006 the wool spinning production unit was the first in Scotland to achieve the Soil Association's organic approval and we now offer a 'fleece to finish' service for organic farmers.
- Small batches are our speciality - 150kg - 2 tonnes
- We commission spin your wool
- Cheviot, Shetland, Lambswool, Lambswool/Alpaca, Lambswool/Silk
- Product range: 3Nm - 16Nm
- Measurements: 100 gram ball = 176 yds/160 metres, 50 gram ball = 132 yds/120 metres
- Stockservice in Aran and Double Knitting
For further information please contact Alan Barrowclough or Janice Glover at New Lanark Trust on +44 (0)1555 661345. Alternatively send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible.